Flyers are a one page marketing tool that are easy to design and less pricey than a brochure; therefore, many companies post flyers on bulletin boards, use them for a direct mail piece, or hand them out at events. Create an effective flyer for your company by following the simple tips below.
1. Simplicity is best. Too much information can discourage a prospect from reading the flyer. Many people do not have the time or patience to wade through detailed explanations to look for the point.
2. Focus the energy on your most important information. Save the brightest color and biggest font for the attention-getter.
3. Choose a picture or two that not only captures attention but also illustrates the point. Many people need visuals to help drive home a message.
4. Use borders and boxes to cluster related information together. Starbursts are a useful tool for setting apart perks such as “5,000 off closing costs!”
5. Make sure your offer is believable. Prospects will not waste time contacting you if they do not think you can follow through on the claim.
6. Include a clear and easily located call-to-action. A reader should be able to skim through the flyer and not miss the next step they need to take.
7. Alignment creates a visually appealing flyer. Use columns or justify text to the right or left. Line up pictures with the text so that your flyer looks organized rather than thrown together.
8. Choose only two different fonts. Use one for the headline and subheaders and the second for the text body.
9. Limit your design to include only two to three colors. The colors you choose should match the style and message of your flyer.
10. Printing flyers professionally will insure a high quality advertisement. Avoid making the mistake of sending the message that your company is cheap by printing flyers on your office inkjet.
One last tip: utilize your flyer several ways. It would be a waste to design a first-rate flyer and not use it to its maximum potential.