Travel with Instagram – Tips & Tricks
Plan your holidays before you leave.
- Be sure to transfer your photos out of your camera roll to your pc, mac or hard disk drive. A smartphone is so easy to get rid of when you travel.
- Make sure your mobile is ready to take tons of pics and you will not reach quickly your storage capacity.
- Be sure to update all your app’s, and particularly your editing app’s as well as your Instagram app of course. It always more complicate from abroad.
- If you are going to spend a lot of time far from a plug on your trip, buy one or two external battery packs. It isn’t very expensive and very helpful!
- Don’t forget home your favorite photo accessories or lenses, much like your Olloclip for example.
Instagram during your trips and holidays.
- If you are going to post many pics each day and you are thinking about making a kind of full report, think first about a funny tag that will be the reference of the trip. Like #usernamethailand2012 for example
- Be always prepared to shot and take as many pictures as you can! If not you can come back home with a great frustration from the few number of pics you finally took.
- In some countries it isn’t always easy to take pictures of individuals in the street and it may not perfectly seen. In other you need to care about your smartphone,… so be discret whenever you take pics.
- Take pics with different camera app’s and lenses. You can for example take pictures with the native camera of your smartphone and then try with others app’s in the same spot, use hipstamatic and different filters, Camera+, Snapseed,…
- You may use a digital camera too! You shouldn’t be shy! Even if you don’t want to mix mobile photography and traditional digital photography, you will enjoy your pics out of Instagram too!
- Take some risks! It’s could be the best moment to change your style. If you’re a Black and white lover, it could be a good moment to test new combinations of colors, try new app’s.
- Go ahead and take opportunity to try news editing app’s. You have probably no time to test new app’s during your working day life.
- Be sure to write a short reminder of each and every single places you’re visiting every single day on your smartphone notebook. You will need them for your titles later on.
- Lend your smartphone for your friends! If not you will not appear in any picture!
- Post your pics at night from your hotel room with a free Wi-fi.. Data Roaming Fees can be very cruel!
Following the trip
- Organize your pics. Decide which you think is the best way to keep your pics on different rolls of the smartphone and keep them in your smartphone for a while. You may be thinking about the future months to use some of them in different contests or challenges.
- Share your pics through other social networking sites too. During the trip and after the trip you should go ahead and take opportunity to share the pictures with your friends, through Twitter, Facebook and Flickr…
- Keep in mindyou are able to print your pics and keepan excellent memory of your trip printing the picturesaround the Instagrafic, Print Up, Pastbook or perhaps your personalvacations Casetagram Case!
- Why don’t you plan to visit a good Instagramer friend living far away next year?